Choosing Roof Sheets
Roof sheets are an inexpensive and popular material for roof covering, especially on commercial buildings. They can be used on flat or pitched roofs. It is very important that roof sheets are properly laid and installed, or else leaks can occur. If done correctly, roof sheets can have a very nice effect on the appearance of a building. Any roof manufacturer will be able to tell you that there is a downside to roof sheets, and that’s that they can be very noisy when it rains. It is therefore essential that you find out about the different types and use them on the right type of building, so as to avoid irritation.
Different Types Of Roof Sheets
- The first type of roof sheets we’ll look at are Aluminium roof sheets. They are the most commonly used type, and are lightweight, strong and long lasting (aluminium is resistant to rust). They come in a variety of different designs and are environmentally friendly (as they are completely recyclable and are made using recycled materials). Aluminium roof sheets don’t require much maintenance. Click on the link for information on roof maintenance.
- Asbestos roof sheets are made with a mixture of cement and asbestos, which gives them extra strength and durability. However, with the found health risks of asbestos, asbestos roof sheets are not really used any longer.
- Cement roof sheets, or fibre cement roof sheets, are sheets of molded cement that has been mixed with natural or synthetic fibre. These roof sheets are inexpensive and very strong and durable. Fibre cement roof sheets also keep buildings more insulated and are quieter with rain than metal roof sheets.
- Corrugated roof sheets are a popular choice for a small workplace, and come in galvanised metal (for example steel) and plastic (PVC). The gutters within them (when placed at a slant) help excess water to drain off the roof surface, which prevents damage in the long-term.
- Polycarbonate roof sheets, or fibreglass roof sheets, are very strong, yet lightweight, and durable. They are perfect for a shed, carport or patio. Polycarbonate roof sheets come in a ribbed or corrugated pattern, which helps with water drainage if placed at a slant.
A good roofing company will be able to advise you on what type of roof sheet is best for you, and the reasons why. Click on the link for advice on choosing roofing companies.
The Roofing Experts
Your search for an excellent roofing company is over, Visroof is a specialist supplier in roof construction, maintenance and any installation. Every quality product and material we offer is at a reasonable price, and we supply fast, efficient service should you need to fix or build a roof. Let us view, evaluate and fix or build your roof, as well as advise you on what roof sheets and/or roof accessories will work best for you.